Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Violet Dress

I think this chapter is maybe used to start introducing Valentina's persective into the story. At this point in the novel we have relied mostly on other characters but now we start to see how one of the twins feels. I'm hoping this means we will get into the action of the story soon. The idea of fairy tales also arises in this section and I'm not sure of the significance. I guess it could simply be used in an ironic way given how, so far, I would not say any other character's life has ended "happily ever after". But the fact that we're hearing this from Valentina may suggest that she is the one who will learn the most from the experience in her aunt's flat. And she may be the one who makes the most personal progress, especially in terms of standing up for herself, which is also discussed in this section.
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

No comments: