Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Novel Announcement

As our reading of Of Mice and Men draws to its close, it is time to announce the next novel we are going to read! The discussion for part two is still open in the previous post if you would like to add to it and I will be posting the third discussion tomorrow. As for our next novel, luckily, it came in from the library in time, so the last book that we will read this year will be....

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.

When we have completed our final discussion for Of Mice and Men, I will post the reading schedule for our new novel! I am planning on having the first section of Caged Bird be due on Sunday. I know this seems very soon but we all have a weekend and some to read the first section. I don't know what versions of this novel people have so if you could please comment on this post and let me know how yours is divided into parts. Mine is divided into about 36 chapters, I believe. If yours follows this same format please let me know as this will make it a lot easier for everyone to follow along! Happy reading!

Sincerely,
Elysia

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm excited to read I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings! I've had it for about 3 months now but I never got a chance to read it! My version of the book is divided into 36 chapters as well.

Elysia said...

Thank you for letting me know! We will start reading soon!